Friday, April 17, 2009

Communication with Technology in Professional Football




Communication in professional football is becoming more and more technologically advanced. Coaches are now able to communicate directly with their players by speaking into a microphone which is relayed through an earpiece in the players helmet. Just last year the NFL came out with new helmets for the players that receive communications, they mark the helmets with a green dot on the back to distinguish which ones receive communications from the coaches. This new technology has made communication in professional football more convenient and much more effective.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post on the new helmets, I always wondered what that green dot on the back of the helmet was for. You could have mentioned the other means of communication in football like the plays on the wrist bands as well as hand signals from the sideline coaches. You also should have narrowed down your title, because you only talk about one type of communication and that should have been portrayed in your title. Good job though, I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this to be very very interesting and insightful. I am constantly watching sports with friends and I never knew that's what the coaches' microphone was for. I liked how you kept it short and sweet; very easy to read. I liked the pictures also, that was a very good informative aid. However, I found myself straining to read the last sentence of the first paragraph because it overlapped with a dark picture, maybe you could have lightened the text a little there.

    ReplyDelete